Design Technology Manager
Studios Architecture is hiring a Design Technology Manager for the East Coast Division of the firm. This leadership position will be focused on building and implementing a collective vision of how current and emerging technologies are employed at Studios. This expert role will oversee the development and standardization of best practices in coordination with studio leadership. The successful candidate will have a passion for design technology and an appreciation for great design. They will have a record of leading the implementation of technology for design exploration and project delivery, be excited about helping others, and have a strong history of collaboration to achieve results.
- Leadership & Consensus Building
- Leading the technology group and interfacing with Studios leadership
- Organize and collaborate with a committee of technology leads in the New York and Washington DC offices to collaboratively set the vision for how design technology is used and implemented at STUDIOS.
- Technology liaison with the West Coast Division Design Technology Manager to coordinate, contribute and set firm-wide design technology efforts.
- Lean-on and engage with the expertise that exists within the studio
- Support BIM execution and agile digital project delivery at an Expert level.
- Assist teams in developing project implementation strategies, addressing complex modelling challenges, complex file structures, model interoperability challenges, or other unique project challenges that can benefit from tailored technology processes.
- Coordinate and advise the Studios IT team on network and hardware infrastructure needed in support of our continually evolving use of technology.
- Assist in onboarding of new staff, providing or managing training in support of the core technologies implemented.
- Provide and/or manage continuing education, training, and development for staff around areas of technology in practice.
- R & D
- Seek out, produce, and propose process, technology, model, and various template improvements to enhance the caliber of design and documentation for our practice.
- Evaluate new software and new version releases; adapting or working with vendors to adapt them to Studios’ standards as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university, with at least 5 years of experience working at a design-led AEC firm.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Ability and passion for learning new technologies quickly
- Deep knowledge of the following technology platforms is required:
- Adobe CS
- Navisworks, or similar
- Newforma, or similar
- Visual Programming for design (Dynamo/Grasshopper)
- Digital fabrication (3d printing/laser-cutting/cnc fabrication)
- VR & AR
- Experience with the following technology platforms is preferred:
- Cloud-based modeling platforms (BIM 360 Design, Form-it, etc. )
- Performance analysis platforms (Sefaira, Green Building Studio, Energy Plus, etc.)
- Visualization technologies (Enscape, 3d-Max, V-ray, Lumion, etc.)
- Experience with training and project/team support
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute toward organizational goals with minimal supervision.
STUDIOS’ collaborative spirit leads to transformative design. Our process engages the full team in the design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We enjoy a strong studio culture, a community of friends and colleagues who are passionate about creating world-class design. Mentorship, professional growth, and continual learning and improvement are emphasized. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and support for IDP, ARE, LEED, and continuing education.
Candidate will work from our New York or Washington DC office, pending their location. There would be light travel between the offices for this East Coast Division role.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.
Click here to apply via Greenhouse