Human Resources Generalist
STUDIOS Architecture is an international design firm focused on enhancing the human experience. We value the process of discovery as much as the end-result. That process engages the full team in design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. Our office culture is fun, non-hierarchical, highly collaborative, hard-working, and nimble.
We have an opening in our Washington DC office for an HR Generalist with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates will have an understanding of general human resources policies and procedures, and proven knowledge of employment and labor laws. They will have a Bachelors degree in a related field and 4+ years of relevant work experience. Any APHR, SPHR, CEBS credentials would be a plus.
The HR Generalist will undertake a wide range of HR and Benefits related tasks, including organizing training, administering employee benefits and leaves, and crafting HR policies. They will be a point of contact for employees’ HR related queries. Primary responsibilities for this role include:
- Conduct HR new hire orientations, coordinating with Office Managers at other locations
- Coordinate transmittal of new hire information to payroll
- Ensure employees are enrolled with carriers or vendors for all applicable benefits in a timely manner
- Handle the transmittal of all changes and terminations (Medical, Dental, FSA, Life Insurance, 401k)
- Conduct exit interviews providing detailed instructions about COBRA and pension benefits
- Coordinate and monitor leave and disability programs providing guidance and provisions for use of these programs
- Track changes in regulations and help to develop new procedures or policies as required
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
Qualities desired to excel in this role include an ability to maintain strict confidentiality of employee information, to prioritize and to work independently on daily tasks. Candidates should possess in-depth knowledge of all state and federal laws impacting health and welfare benefits such as ERISA, COBRA, FLMA, HIPAA, as well as knowledge of pension, profit sharing and other deferred compensation plan administration.
STUDIOS Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply via Greenhouse