Interior Designer (5-10 years)
STUDIOS Architecture is world-renowned for unique and creative design; for master planning, architectural and interiors design projects that enhance innovation and enliven community for our clients.
Our San Francisco studio is seeking passionate and talented designers capable of working with complex programs, who have deep understanding of technologies and sustainability in design and construction, and who can develop architectural solutions tailored to the projects’ and clients’ unique culture and context. We are looking for creative and talented designers who can achieve highly functional architecture and interiors projects that go beyond surface-level design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design required.
- Strong portfolio is required with professional and academic projects demonstrating intelligent, innovative design conceptualization, professional caliber visualization and presentation graphics, as well as thorough and coordinated construction documentation.
- 5-10 years of experience working in an architectural or interior design firm is required. Experience in highly complex project types, large commercial office, mixed-use, civic, academic, retail/hospitality, and/or cultural projects is preferred.
- Experience in LEED CI, space programming, space planning, workplace strategy, furniture specification, development of mock-ups, and other relevant facets of commercial interior design are desired.
- Ability to lead smaller projects independently as well as collaborate on larger-scale projects as part of a team. Able to work effectively, balancing demands on multiple projects at various stages of development.
- Work with Principal and design team in collaboration. Able to develop and present initial design concepts. Able to develop designs with adept use of materials, color, lighting, texture, graphics, FF&E, and interior construction toward creating interior environments that are unique and engaging while tailored to client’s vision and project requirements.
- Experience in all phases of Architectural services from Schematic Design through Construction Documentation and Construction Administration is preferred.
- Strong collaboration and effective communication internally (with team) and externally (with clients, consultants, contractors, and vendors) is required.
- Proactive attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentational skills is required.
- Design and documentation using Revit is required. Experience with Revit, Rhino, Autocad, Grasshopper, and Sketch-up are desired.
- License/Interior Design Accreditation/LEED Accreditation or pursuit of license and accreditation is desired.
STUDIOS’ collaborative spirit leads to transformative design. Our process engages the full team in the design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We enjoy a strong studio culture, a community of friends and colleagues who are passionate about creating world-class design. Mentorship, professional growth, and continual learning and improvement are emphasized. We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits, and support for IDP, ARE, LEED, and continuing education.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.
Please submit resume, cover letter and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org