SIZE250,000 sq ft
STATUSCompleted 2012 - 2018
Pandora is all about music—STUDIOS redesigned and expanded their existing space so that their workplace is too. The office is a celebration of music, art, and its uptown Oakland location across the street from the historic Paramount Theater. As part of this effort, we partnered with Pandora’s internal design department to develop bold environmental graphics that embody music trends and paradigms.
We created a series of spaces that pay tribute to the joy of making, playing, and listening to music in all of its forms, including:
- A custom booth seating area forms the word RADIO; each lettered booth illuminates upon entry.
- Small meeting rooms modeled on recording studios and named after the artists and their signature songs.
- Meeting rooms and gathering areas named for the places where music is experienced: The Porch, The Garage, The School, The Train, The Attic, The Pool, and other hot spots.
- A circular assembly space—The Park—that looks out to an adjacent roof garden.
- A multipurpose space The Backstage that serves as both a night club and a large meeting space.
Awards and Press
- That’s Entertainment — Interior Design 2015
- Tech Leads the Way in Office Design — San Francisco Chronicle 2014
- Office Space: Pandora Perks — sfgate.com 2014