STUDIOS was asked by OFI REIM (now OREIMA) to renovate a historic building situated at 124 rue Réaumur in Paris. The aim of the project was to restore the building to meet market demands and to bring it up to current standards in terms of efficiency.
Built in 1905, this industrial building is generally attributed to the architect Georges Chedanne. The façade, with its visible steel framework, is listed in the inventory of French Historic Monuments – a rarity amongst turn-of-the-century industrial buildings.
In barely 12 months, the steel giant measuring 5 400 m² over six floors was renovated and brought up to today’s standards of security and comfort. The industrial aspect of the façade which was returned to its original watery green colour is barely perceptible inside the building. STUDIOS therefore paid particular attention to the interior finishes guided by the style and rigor of the building as well as the structural qualities inherent to the building such as the high ceilings and sophisticated assembly of rivets.
All the volumes were reworked so that the luminous loft-style rooms achieved their original dimensional harmony. A glass roof has replaced the floor of the internal brick and steel courtyard on the first floor to bring more light to the ground floor.