At the time of the project, Barclays Private Equity Limited was part of Barclays Capital and a subsidiary of Barclays PLC, and one of Europe’s leading mid-market private equity investors. In January 2008, STUDIOS was selected by the BPE Paris and the BarCap London project team to assist in the move to their new avenue Kléber offices, a 1910 building which was last renovated in 1990.
The 800m² project for 20 staff members was a high-design opportunity but equally a cross-cultural challenge inherent with the client team composition and their respective, sometimes conflicting, expectations.
The client program called for a cellular layout in individual and shared configurations that corresponded to the regular but limiting fenestration pattern of the existing structure. The client reception space was composed of the front desk/waiting area, a boardroom and smaller meeting rooms and decorated in coherent manner. The breakout and café space was conceived to accommodate larger functions for the entire team and visitors.