STUDIOS designed the building renovation and new interiors of this deco-styled theater –- built in 1939 by Architect S. Charles Lee -– for a major entertainment and production client on the company’s historic Burbank back lot. The theater opened to grand applause with a private screening in 1941, and has served as a full-scale editorial space ever since.
STUDIOS’ design for the project honors the theater’s history while modernizing the infrastructure to accommodate current technological requirements. The updated program for the theater includes 430 new seats, a performance stage, a green room, a lobby with concession area, and a complete renovation of the mezzanine projection room. The project scope also included major technological upgrades to the audio and projection systems, as well as to the theater’s acoustic systems, including all walls and ceiling treatments.