STUDIOS Architecture is looking for an experienced Specifications Writer to join our Washington DC Office. You are collaborative by nature and enjoy both teaching and learning from others. You are a good communicator who builds strong relationships with team members while balancing the demands of multiple projects at various stages of development. You are passionate about the impact of design on people’s lives and have an interest in building performance, technology, and sustainability in design and construction.
- Write and edit technical specifications for architectural projects.
- Coordinate drawing and document reviews with project teams to specify all relevant requirements for project management, procurement, installation, testing, and certification.
- Participate in QA/QC reviews for compliance between specifications and contract documents.
- Perform product and manufacturer/supplier research to assist material and system selections.
- Review consultant technical specifications and compile complete project specifications.
- Strong knowledge of architectural and interior design, building systems and materials, design and construction products, engineering coordination, suitable/appropriate product and manufacturer or suppliers, and construction methods.
- Experience with multi-family residential, commercial, educational and government/civic-institutional requirements is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word is required.
- Proficiency with BlueBeam Revu is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with NewForma is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work independently with multiple project teams to coordinate specifications for multiple projects on differing schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree, preference given to candidates with a degree in Architecture or similar construction-related field.
- Construction Specifications Institute certification (CDT) is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of working in architectural practice with experience in specifications development.
- LEED accreditation is preferred but not required.
STUDIOS’ collaborative spirit leads to creative, responsible placemaking and transformative design. Our process engages the full team in the design, based upon our belief that the best ideas can come from anywhere. We enjoy a strong studio culture, a community of friends and colleagues who are passionate about creating world-class design. Mentorship, professional growth, and continual learning and improvement are emphasized. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and support for IDP, ARE, LEED, and continuing education.
STUDIOS Architecture is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment.