SIZE3 180 m² / 34,230 sq ft
STUDIOS designed a highly unique three-floor innovation center in the heart of Paris for GE’s first Digital Foundry in Europe.
The site was designed like an incubator for start-ups, a place for exploring the possibilities of digital technologies to find technical solutions for clients and create opportunities around digital applications within an ecosystem based on cocreation and design thinking.
An open platform for cocreation, designed like an incubator of digital innovation for the industry.
Fostering new ideas to innovate together.
The challenge was to foster collaboration and innovation while maintaining a high level of flexibility to be able to adapt to the sizes of different teams and various events.
STUDIOS designed a large laboratory for developers that brings together engineering, design and data science with a focus on the user experience.
Spaces are open, modular and flexible to support cocreation and foster encounters and collaboration, all of which are essential to creativity.
Almost all the site’s walls and worksurfaces were designed as whiteboards that teams are encouraged to appropriate and use.
For the site’s Design Center, STUDIOS conceived a series of pods inspired by the dynamic, hexagonal shape of beehives. They are equipped with magnetic whiteboard walls, interactive screens and modular furnishings.
Dedicated to dialogue and brainstorming, a huddle space is located outside the pods and is equipped with benches and connected bar tables.
The Digital Foundry offers a great variety of workspaces, including:
- The Design Center, an immersive space for working with clients to cocreate new applications
- A Monitoring & Diagnostic (M&D) zone for collecting and analyzing data, equipped with glass partitions that become opaque at the click of a button
- The DOJO space, an incubator for start-ups
- A flexible space on the ground floor for events
- Agile workspaces for GE teams
- Various collaborative workspaces with four cafeterias including the Ice Breaker Lounge